Getting to Tainan is easy and convenient. There are flights from all major European, American, and Asian cities to Taoyuan CKS International Airport (about 32 Km southwest of Taipei). Take a bus to High-Speed Rail Taoyuan Station, then take the high-speed train to the Tainan Station, and then take a free shuttle bus to the National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City. You will have no problem checking with your travel agent. In another way, you may consider arriving at the Kaohsiung International Airport, which is about 50 Km south from Tainan City. From Kaohsiung International Airport, you can take the High-Speed Rail or a regular train to Tainan City.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Tainan
- Airport to Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Taoyuan Station ( by shuttle NT$35). This is the most efficient and economical way to get to Tainan from TPE Airport, approximate cost is NT$35.
- THSR Taoyuan Station to THSR Tainan Station Cost: NT$1190
- THSR Tainan Station to TRA Tainan Station. Approximate cost by train is NT$25 or by taxi NT$400.
The estimated cost for travel from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) to Tainan will be NT$2500 for a round trip
From Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
1. Take taxi, airport metro or shuttle bus from the airport to Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Taoyuan Station, which takes about 20 minutes.
2. Take the Taiwan High Speed Rail train from THSR Taoyuan Station to THSR Tainan Station
3. Participants who arrive at THSR Tainan Station can proceed to the interchange corridor on the 2nd floor of THSR Tainan Station or the No.1 exit on the 1st floor lobby to take the shuttle train at Sharon Station to TRA Tainan Train Station. The shuttle train appears every 30 minutes and arrives at Tainan Train Station in about 20 minutes.
From Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH)
1. Take taxi or Kaohsiung MRT from the Airport Station (R4) to Kaohsiung Main Station (R11) for Taiwan Railway Train or Zuoying High Speed Rail Station (R16).
Option A: From Kaohsiung Main Station (R11) by TRA:
Take TRA Kaohsiung Main Station to TRA Tainan Station, which usually takes about 35 minutes by express trains.
Option B: From Zuoying High Speed Rail Station (R16) by THSR
Take the Taiwan High Speed Rail train from Zuoying to Tainan Station, which requires about 15 minutes.